Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty sponsors new Habitat project


Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity brings lots of shovels to a ground-breaking, and also programs, nametags, clipboards and sign-up sheets. When it broke ground for its 116th house last week, it also brought along a box of tissues.
If it weren’t for all the shovels this would have looked like a block party or a family reunion. Neighbors looked out their doors and traffic slowed to check out the crowd and the commotion. At the center of it all was Carol Tyson, soon to own and occupy this newest Habitat home and clearly the most in need of that box of tissues.

“First I want to thank God for these blessings on me and my baby,” she said during the ceremony. “I want to thank Habitat, I want to thank the sponsors, and I want to thank the volunteers. I also want to thank Miss Jane for being so sweet and good to me.” She went around hugging everyone as she thanked them.

“I asked her one thing,” said Jane Roberson, Habitat’s Director of Family Services. “I said please don’t make Miss Jane cry.”
Dozens of volunteers grabbed shovels and dug into rock-solid ground that hadn’t been rained on in weeks. These people were family or friends of the family, Habitat supporters, or affiliates of Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty, the sponsor of this particular project. This is the fourth house that real estate office has supported in collaboration with Habitat.

Esmond Anderson, Habitat’s construction manager, got involved long before the shovels and the tissues arrived. “We brought Carol out to this place and we didn’t know what she was going to think about it, so we sat out here one day and talked about it. She was real happy and it’s a beautiful lot.”


Ken Keegan Real Estate Broker
(910) 523-0903 mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment